Basse Hveem Spesial

/ Saturday, September 12, 2009 /
















































I found this bike from 1955 in the Technical Museum in Oslo. I know Hveem from stories I was told my our old neighbour when I grew up. She used to go and watch the handsome speedway drivers racing at the local horse track. And Basse Hveem was the star. The most sucessful Norwegian motorcycle racer through history. Hu built his bikes in co-operation with Kjell Samsing and were beautiful pieces of engineering. Featured a integrated tank in the frame and an offset front wheel for better lean-in. Especially like silver bullet fairing. Some more info (in Norwegian..) here and here

1 kommentarer:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2010 Twowheels+, all rights reserved
Design by DZignine. Powered by Blogger